Sunday 6 May 2012

GIFT Inspiration Exchanges

A five-hour Inspiration Exchange at The Sage, Gateshead, as part of GIFT 2012. A rolling conversation which hit a really nice rhythm of visitors for nearly the whole time. This allowed the conversations to digress and loop back and make connections throughout the day.


I swapped THE IDEA OF A RETRONYM 
for ECTOPLASM IN THE UNIVERSITY LIBRARY

I swapped HOW THE CHURCH BELLS WORK

for DENDROCHRONOLOGY

I swapped THE GOLDEN RECORD ON THE VOYAGER SPACE PROBES

for WHO INVENTED THE BALLOON LAUNCH?

I swapped RED K6 PHONEBOXES

for PHANTOM FOOTBALLERS

I swapped EMPTY BENCHES

for DESIRE PATHS

I swapped HURRYSICKNESS

for A BLOODY ROLLING PIN

I swapped A BOTTLE OF MARBLES

for GIN RUMMY WITH MY GRANDAD

I swapped RUBBER DUCKS IN THE SEA

for BLACKBERRY PICKING

I swapped SOMETHING MY MOM SAID TO ME WHEN I WAS 19

for THE TRUMAN / "QUEY" / "ME" SHOW

I swapped AIR CRASH INVESTIGATION

for WHY DIDN'T I TAKE MY MONEY WITH ME?

I swapped A 6B PENCIL 

for TOO MUCH HEAT ALTERS YOUR PERCEPTION
and I swapped TOO MUCH HEAT ALTERS YOUR PERCEPTION
for BUILDING HOSPITALS

I swapped 23 POSTCARDS FROM AMERICA

for THE ISLAND WHERE VOLCANOES GREW OVERNIGHT

I swapped AMPERSAND & INTERROBANG

for FLOAT-FLYING


No comments: